Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Jersey Joe (drawings to the future)

Jersey Joe, aka Rime, recently showed some interesting drawings in Manhattan at the Klughaus gallery: Dangerous Drawings About New York. You can see flics on Jersey Joe's blog, at the Klughaus blog, and at Fresh Paint NYC. Highly recommended, especially for you object-orienteers. This is intricate detailed stuff in which anything can happen.

When I landed in Jersey City over a decade ago, I lived more or less across the street from a Jersey Joe character, though I didn't know it at the time. I just knew that it was fresh:

Elephant

When I started actively scouting out graffiti I found this:

Jersey Joe on Wall

And this, on a now demolished building:

Rime.jpg

This still exists under the Bergen Arches:

rotundo.jpg

I took a blood oath that forbids me to tell where this is, but it's not Jersey City:

IMGP9554rd

No comments:

Post a Comment