Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Platonic Philosophical Ascent for Dummies

When I first saw this lady I thought she was real. I also wondered what she was doing and why she stood so still for so long.

Eurydice.jpg

Then I wised up. "She's not real," said I to myself, "she's a photo." Clever folks these construction guys.

shadowland.jpg

By then, however, I was more interested in the blazing early morning sun, and wondering what that light would do when it started bouncing around inside my camera.

the freudian unconscious.jpg

Not that I actually thought any of this. At this point I haven't got the foggiest idea of what I was thinking back when I was taking these photos.

rip in the fabric of shadowland.jpg

Mostly I was thinking the light and the angles and just getting a bunch of shots to untangle later in the computer.

the mechanism revealed.jpg

This arrangement and these remarks are completely after the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment